Friday, January 16, 2009

Clean Bill of Health...Almost

Both of us went into the doctor today to review the results of our blood work and have him fill out some paper work we need to send in (basically confirming we're physically "fit" to adopt). All's really well for both of us, except that I'm showing higher cholesterol numbers than I should be. I'd like to think that maybe it's a result of this past year, the move and transition and all that junk food I ate while I was alone out here and Sierra and fam hadn't joined me. But that's a little hard to entertain when you think about all the running I do. So I called my parents and lo and behold they both have high cholesterol too. So that leaves two options...change the lifestyle a bit with a better diet (can do that) and more exercise (already doing fairly well there) or start popping some pills. I'm going to go the lifestyle route first, and then we can evaluate in about six months.

On the positive side though, other than that, we're very healthy individuals and we've got the doctor's approval to keep moving forward.

1 comment:

  1. Mike and I read the book "The China Study" and have been eating by a whole different plan. If you have high blood pressure, I would recommend it to you. Martha

    ReplyDelete