Today I went to Seattle for my visit. It was really good. Dave and I wrote a ton in our auto- biography so our social worker said she didn't have too many questions for us. We did talk for and hour and a half however. She asked me all about how I was raised and how we raise our children. This whole process has been rather interesting. It really makes you think. She asked me what I thought my parents did really well. My response- their support for all of us kids. Especially as we were growing up. There was not a single sporting event or anything where my parents weren't there. We knew how much they loved us by their support of us. THANKS mom and dad!! She asked what Dave and I do well and my response- TEAMWORK parenting. I think that we work so well together with these boys. We approach this "effort" (parenting) as a team. We support each other and are there for each other. Dave is the best co-captain. :-) Love you!!
The other part that was fun when reflecting on my childhood was the fact that I NEVER got in trouble. I even asked both of my parents if this really was the case and indeed they did agree. I never got in trouble. I am so glad I was a good kid for them. :-)
Another visit down. Now for the home visit tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment