Saturday, November 1, 2008

Adoption. What?

Dave has always mentioned adopting since we married nearly 13 years ago. After having 5 beautiful boys of our own, I never gave it much thought. Since Trenton, #5 I have felt like I wasn't going to have any more kids- boys. :-) I guess Dave never shared the same feeling of being complete as a family. One day in September he brought up the idea of adopting yet again. For some reason this time it seemed like a possibility- maybe. Dave would spend HOURS at night researching, reading blogs and forums and watching videos on You Tube. I would join him sometimes but usually I would fall asleep thinking, " Is this for real? I am sure this idea will pass." I also thought, "If he would spend this much time researching how to invest we would be rich." Well the thoughts of adopting lingered. We had many conversations about it. We had a decision to make. Should we do it or not? Well after much pondering and prayer we have made a decision as a couple to move forward. Feeling a bit overwhelmed yet very excited, we begin our journey to bring home Forstorms.

No comments:

Post a Comment