Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Adoption. Yes!

Okay, so I think some of this may turn into a little he said/she said.:) Granted, yes, I was much more of the driver of this process early on (we're talking just a couple months back--maybe September), but at times when the prospect of adoption seems so overwhelming, there Sierra is completely on top of all the paperwork and everything that we've done and need to do to continue this journey. Don't let her fool you.

I can think back to many conversations over the years, where I could see the gears turning in her mind at the thought of adoption (probably pink thoughts and perhaps a better path than the previous 9 months she had experienced). There was also dinner with friends a few years ago, where she was just firing questions of curiousity off.

So maybe while this wasn't her thought this time (actually if I recall, one catalyst was a question from Gavin about adopting from Ethiopia after seeing a commercial on TV in early October), let me reassure you, myself, and ourselves, that she has been thinking, that I've been thinking, and we've spent a lot of time in thought, and we clearly feel like we're being pulled in this direction.

And while the road ahead seems long and daunting, our hearts are in it for the long haul and we're really excited for the journey. And yes, I could channel my energies to investing, etc., but this is more thrilling and certainly will be more rewarding, and anyways, I leave the numbers to her.:)

Stay tuned for more on the He Said on "Why adopt?"

No comments:

Post a Comment