Before we get too far along into this process, we figured it would be a good idea to talk with our parents to see what they thought, and if we have their support and understanding. Thanksgiving was the perfect weekend. And you know what's so funny about that, is that for many of my pregnancies, Thanksgiving was always the time to make the BIG announcement. Honestly...I think the news of our first four children was broken at Thanksgiving.
We felt like this year was no different. We had big news and it did mean more kids. What was so important to us was that we made it very clear that we realize this is a big step--it's not only about having more kids, but adding children that come from a different background and race. But what's not different is that we will love them as much as we love any of our children and no less, and we want to feel supported in that endeavor.
I recall the first conversation going like this,"Dad, Dave has something to tell you." I posed that question out of the blue, which is funny because Dave like's to be more prepared and see it coming. Dave looked at me funny and I told him to tell. I think my dad was a bit surprised. He mentioned 5 was a good number and then offered his full support. His comment that meant the most to me was, " well you will make some boys really lucky!!" We then told my mom. She was really excited.
Dave also called his parents, and I don't even think they missed a beat they were so supportive. In fact, his mom wanted to call her best friend up right away, to which Dave said to hold off for a bit until he broke the news to her son, our great friend TJ.
Where Does the TIme Go?
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment