Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hurry! and Wait!

After a crazy weekend of thinking out the referral now I just sit and wait. I have been getting things done to occupy my mind and pass the time. Fikiru had court on Tuesday which was a day and a half ago. Now it is already 6pm in Ethiopia on Wednesday so another full day of court gone by and no word. I guess the agency in MN was not been able to contact the staff in Ethiopia. We take so for granted our everyday communication. PHONE, CELL PHONE, EMAIL, FACEBOOK, BLOGS, SNAIL MAIL oh and power in general. I was told that they have power about 3 days out of each week. Can you even imagine? I am so grateful for the things I have and for the lessons being learned through this process. Patience, Greater Love, Gratitude, Agency, Prayer. I could go on and on. I will keep thinking about it. I am grateful that we have a loving Heavenly Father to guide our path. Choosing to bring Fikiru to our family was no small deal. I was super excited all weekend and then have had feelings like I am going to throw up. I am grateful for people who are in the process of adoption (especially Ethiopia) or who have gone through the process to help me. I have recieved so much strength from them. They help add peace to my heart as I process each step. I am so excited now and want so much to hear about court. Let's see what the day brings.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I knew you guys were adopting but hadnt heard any of the details till now...it made me cry! i think this is the coolest thing ever! Kudos to you guys for doing it!

    ReplyDelete