Saturday, July 25, 2009

MAJOR UPDATE

On Thursday night I cam home from a few days in Boise. I checked my messages at home and one was from molly at BFAS. My heart began to pound and I knew it would not be until Friday that I could talk to her. I was wondering what she wanted. Did she just have a question or did she have a child for us? Friday morning I woke up early and couldn't sleep. It was 6:15. I knew that was 8:15 in MN and BFAS office was open. I got on the treadmill to run but couldn't. I stopped the treadmill and grabbed the phone. I called BFAS. Molly answered the phone. She started with,"I have a special case for you." Oh great. Here's the story. Little Fikiru is referred to us. He is 18 months old. He is cute as can be with an injury. He needs hip surgery. If we decide to bring him home to our family he will need surgery right away. Well, not much time to decide. The other thing is that he has a court date for Tuesday. This is unusual. It usually takes weeks and weeks for a court date. Fikiru was previously referred to another family who decided not to go through with their adoption. Dave and I talked and talked and prayed and prayed and on Sunday morning I called Molly to accept the referral. We are very excited and very nervous at the same time. This is just the beginning of a long process. We will pray to pass court on Tuesday and then we will have an Embassy date the end of Aug to travel and pick him up. We will let you know what happens on Tuesday and then send out more of his story. One sweet little boy coming our way!

2 comments: