Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Court Update

Our little man did not pass court today. However, because he has already had 3 courts dates and has the medical issue, they say we should be able to have his case heard really soon. Soon enough that we should still plan to travel the end of August. We are sad that he didn't pass but happy that it shouldn't be too long. We will update you as soon as we have more news. In the meantime, keep the prayers coming. Little Fikiru needs them. He is in good care and we are grateful for that.

3 comments:

  1. Because I have no idea I am going to ask. What would be the reason that he would not pass court? Why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all a little complicated to us but I guess there was one paper- the contract to adopt that still had another families name on it,- the family Fikiru was previously referred to. They just have to get this switched and then we get scheduled for a new court date. It seems crazy but over and over again I hear of people who do not pass court because of a small paperwork problem. It can take months and months just to get all this squared away. Seems crazy to us but thats just how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure why, but reading these updates got me all full hearted and teary eyed thinking about this little baby boy who is so badly needing your family's love and attention right now, in more ways than one, and he is almost ready to come home! WOW what a blessing to have so much fullness in your heart to be able to love another! SO AMAZING! I'm really happy for you and look forward to seeing pictures and more updates!

    ReplyDelete