Saturday, August 1, 2009

Control

As the events of each day unfold I am constantly reminded that we are so NOT in control of this adoption AND, that Heavenly Father IS. Yesterday was a huge WOW day for us. In the afternoon we went to Daves work for lunch and to visit the Microsoft store. The boys were playing some games and I decided to go call Molly for an update on Fikiru. We talked about court and the next steps. She told us to wait and next week it should all come together. Agitu will be there on Wed and she can make anything happen. After a few moments she said she wanted to talk about our 2nd referral. She said, " I know we talked about you going over and meeting the children and possibly picking the one for your family but I just have to tell you, we have a second referral for you." I wasn't even sure what do you with this information so I waited for the rest. "We have a baby for you. He is 15 days old. " My jaw dropped to the ground I covered my mouth and all I could say was WOW! In that instant, I knew that this was the right thing for our family. It is crazy because when we received Fikirus referral there were so many emotions, concerns and "things" to pray about and think about. We were very excited to bring him home by himself so we could take care of him before adding the 2nd baby. Now, those feelings are gone and we are praying that we can bring these 2 home together. It is possible that this will happen. It will be a miracle. There is so much paperwork that still needs to happen and court to pass for both now. The second referral for baby Dawit will be official next week. He is a healthy boy. We are waiting for his lab reports and pictures. I am overwhelmed with gratitude to my Heavenly Father for blessing us with Fikiru and NOW Dawit. All I can say is WOW! We are praying hard for court dates next week for both little guys now. I can not believe how things have gone so fay. (Yes, i can. We ar enot in control.) There are about a million puzzle pieces so far and more that will need to fit together for this to keep working the way it is laid out. We KNOW that Heavenly Father is very aware of our family. We know that he knows the righteous desires of our hearts and therefore will make things work according to HIS will. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment