
I feel so spoiled. Throughout our adoption process, I have been able to talk to many women who have been with and know things about my boys. Holly W. has been such a blessing from the get go with Fikru. She answered so many question and calmed my aching heart. Now as we are sad about not traveling, I have been able to talk with amazing Amy. She was in Ethiopia in July to pick up her boy. She spent a lot of time with the boys especially Dawit. She was able to tell me the story of his earliest beginnings. He comes from a village about 4 hours outside of Addis called Hosanna. I now have pictures of the village and the orphanage there. I have pictures of him being carried out of the village by Amy and taken to Addis. I even have my adoption treasure- pictures of his first bath at about 15 days old. They are SO sweet. Dawit is a beautiful teeny tiny little guy. He weight about 5.8 lbs at 5 weeks. Fikru is ADORABLE. We received the greatest pictures of him and like I had heard, he indeed has a ball with him in nearly everyone. He has received a hair cut. His curly hair has been buzzed off. He looks so big. It is crazy to think he continues to grow up without us. We pray everyday for these little guys!!

No comments:
Post a Comment