Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's Not Bad, I'm Not Mad, Just SAD

Gavin was not so sure about the yellow fever shot. It was no problem.
Above- after 6 shots. Below - after yellow fever and the news of the day. I am SAD. :-) But look at the table. Still sorting through my piles of things to do.

Today started as yesterday, run, run, run to get stuff done. Afternoon I called Molly (BFAS) to ask a few question about the travel packet. I left a message and she called me back. Her call was SAD. She is the sweetest girl and I feel bad that she has to deliver the sad news. Well, the courts in Ethiopia have not been cooperating like we thought they would and Fikiru and Dawit will not be seen until ready...October 14. Is that like forever? :-) The courts close on Friday for 3 weeks then reopen middle of September. We wait until October. Praying everyday that they both pass together. Then we would have an Embassy day end of October (if expedited) or November 5th. So, we think of these boys all the time. I asked for lots of pictures. My baby will continue to grow maybe a pound or 2 and Fikiru will just get bigger. Sweet thing. This seems like a long time but of course we know that it is just a glimpse in the whole plan and also, Nothing worth it ever comes easy. I am excited to see what happens and why we have to wait. I have a feeling that the reason Fikiru didn't pass court back in July is because of Dawit- he wasn't even at the care center yet and now possibly the same. Maybe this will make it possible to bring them home together for sure. On another note, we will be more immunized then too. :-) Yesterday I got 6 shots and today one more. Gavin got his yellow fever shot with us today and Dave got 4 shots. In a month we continue Hep A and B so that is good and today we will start pills for typhoid. YEAH!! Tonight I am not feeling so great. Emotional day and maybe the shots. Did you know the yellow fever vaccine can actually kill you? I mean it's a slim chance but still not a perfect vaccine. CRAZY!! We found a new Dr. who was awesome about travel information and health. I am excited about him for now and in the future. Our tickets to travel are on hold so that is fine just another fee when we change them. I mean it's not like you can buy a lot of diapers with that $750 fee. :-) My mind is always thinking about how much diapers will cost. Crazy I know. Should I potty train Trenton in the next 2 months. We will see. We looked at a passenger van tonight. It was so loud on the test drive. I sure hope we can find the perfect one. We have more time. :-) Well, I will be sad for a few moments. Cry for my babies, and keep on getting things done knowing that Heavenly Father is in charge. He loves ALL of us and will keep us in HIS care.

No comments:

Post a Comment