Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's Here, It's Gone...Let the Waiting Begin!

Today was a great day--it went something like this. Basketball from 9-12. Gavin's team lost in the championship game after playing 2 games to get there. 12:00, out to lunch with the family. Side note--getting a table for 7 takes a lot longer than for 4 and I am not sure if we will ever get a table for 9.:)

We come home. I give Dave a big smile and he says he will check the mail. He walks over and I watch through the car window. He holds up the mail pile and says," We're golden!" We have been waiting for over a month for our final homestudy to arrive. It is finally in our possession. We are both so excited.

Dave takes the older 3 boys out to buy a new bat and to the field to take batting practice for a bit. I sit home and gather all paperwork and go through ALL the information to make sure we indeed have it ALL.
Dave gets home and sits down with me to go through everything for a double check. This is it. The dossier. "dos-ee-ey" or "daw-see-ey," Definition: a complete file containing detailed information about a person. We prefer to say "Daw-See-Yeay!!!" It is a lot of information about us. Down to how we were raised, how we raise our kids, our finances, our health, our relationship and our desires for the future.
It's ready to go. 4:00pm I am off to Fed Ex. As I backed out of my driveway, I couldn't help but smile. We are so excited. One more step down. Lot's of waiting to go.

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting! I think that you should get you one of those shirts. That should spur some interesting conversation in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete