Thursday, October 1, 2009

A New Month

It has been almost a month since my last post. I have started many posts but then am too discouraged or distracted to write much. This week has been a bit stressful. On monday we found out that the courts in Ethiopia will remain closed for 2 more weeks. They are expected to open on the 13th of October. This is great news as long as it actually happens. We are learning that what we hear is not always what is really going to happen. Our court day is on October 14th. We are VERY excited for this day yet very nervous. If the courts don't open in time, we miss our day then who knows what will happen. I am very sad. I think I am going to blame the few extra pound weight gain on adoption stress. My mind is so pre occupied. Everyday I see these eyes on my fridge just calling to me. HELP. Get me out of here. Get me to the doctor. Last night I laid snuggling Trenton in the middle of the night and of course my mind thinks, who is snuggling my little Fikru and Dawit? Especially Fikru. He is getting so big. I miss him so much. For anyone who thinks adoption is the easy route to a baby they are so wrong. This is hard. I am obviously venting a little right now. We try to be so optimistic but it gets hard when EVERY day people ask for an update and there is nothing new to say. So... this next few weeks is the time to pray that the courts do indeed open, we pass and are on our way to Ethiopia end of this month or beginning of next.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sierra - even after being with you, these posts kill me. You didn't really let all this on. A little, but not like this. I wish I could make things go faster. For sure, you will be in our prayers. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete