We will count Saturday the 31st of October as day 1.
We left Seattle at 1:40 on Friday and flew until 9:10 on Saturday night in Ethiopia. The flights were long but thankfully we could sleep, watch movies and play games. We stopped in Amsterdam for about 3 hours. Once in Ethiopia, we waited about an hour to get our Visas- $20 each and then in the passport line to have them checked. We got in the wrong line. We waited for almost another hour. Things were very inefficient. :-) After passport check we got our bags. Thankfully they all arrived. We were stopped by customs with our bags. They wouldn't let us take our bags without duty free papers. It was because they were cartons aka boxes. Finally after another hour, we left with all our stuff. Only after some tears from me. Hard start to the trip. We arrived at the guest house just after midnight. We were so tired, yet so excited to meet the boys in the morning.

Loved it! Thank you for sharing your journey! I enjoyed seeing the pics and reading all about the ups and downs. What an amazing experience. Now the real journey begins...
ReplyDeleteHello Forstrom Family.
ReplyDeleteMy wife and I returned from Addis about 3 weeks ago with our son Desta. I THINK our sons shared a crib together in the Care Center. I see from your photos we also stayed in the same room at the Guest house.
We are also friends of the Landfairs.
I would like to learn more about our sons' mutually shared history.
Please e-mail me:
robertburns3 - at - gmail.com
Bob Burns
East Lansing, MI