Friday November 6th-
Today was sad for us because all the families were leaving except us. We had one more day and boy were we ready to go. We went to the BFAS guest house for a yummy lunch made by Beti and a little coffee ceremony. Of course we don't drink coffee. Today I also got to talk with Chaltu and learn more about Fikrus early months. It was a lot to take in but I am grateful for any information as we try to piece things together. It will be interesting to see what the Orthopedic dr says about his hip and compare it to stories we have heard and been told. Little Fikru is a survivor. Based on stories I am amazed that he is here. I know this kid has an amazing purpose. He has had a rough start but he will do great things. After everyone was gone,we went to the Hilton for dinner. We also liked to use the internet there. This was a fun dinner as well since we had special people to eat with us. While in the lobby, Jake and Gavin saw some missionaries. We ended up eating together. It was a couple and the Sisters. It was amazing to me how just being with them made me feel better. It was like we knew them. I was surprised to learn the church is even in Ethiopia. There are 14 missionaries there and several branches. Cool to know. One more night and home we would go.

No comments:
Post a Comment