
Sunday morning we ate breakfast at the Guest House and then went over to meet the boys. We were so excited. We drove just a few minutes down a REALLY bumpy dirt road to the care center compound. :-) Every place has a gate with a
guard that lets you in. At least the places we visited. Not every place I am sure. We drove up to the care center once inside the gate and on the steps I could see my
Fikru. We walked over to get him. You can see he isn't quite sure what is going on. He warmed up after a little bit. Imagine your 2 year old and one day some
stranger comes and takes them away. A little traumatic I am sure. After a minute I gave
Fikru to Dave to see my baby
Dawit.



He is so cute. I couldn't believe how cute he is. He was wearing a little
werewolf outfit from Halloween the day before. He has a little old man hairdo. He is 4 months and so small. I love how small he is yet so alert and strong.

This picture just breaks my heart. You can see how happy I am to have my little
Dawit and see how sad the head nanny is to let him go.
Dawit has been at the care center since 8 days old.
Fikru has been around for about a year. These women are like their moms and one day, we come and take the kids away. Really sad for them yet best for the kids!







We spent a few hours at the care center. We played with the kids and let
Fikru warm up some. He is so cute. He was wearing size 0-3 month pants aka shorts unbuttoned. Funny to us- no big deal to them. We headed back to the guest house to take in the day.
I feel like I make the same comment on every post, but this is just so amazing and beautiful. I'm so glad you have a blog so we can see it even though we are far away!
ReplyDelete