Ok So I have so must to post about. I think my strategy will be a few events a day instead of all at once like I think I should be able to do. I am so
tired so my "free" time usually is taken up with a nap that I can't seem to
wake up from. Well here goes. We left WA on Friday afternoon Oct 30
th. Our flight was direct to Amsterdam and then onto
Addis Ababa. We loved the planes with on demand at your fingertips. We played games like
Tetris and watched movies. I personally watched Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, My Sisters Keeper and Imagine It. We also tried to sleep some with a 10 hour time change. In Amsterdam we walked a round for a few minutes before waiting to board the plane again.
Dave bought us some vitamin water for $5.50 each. CRAZY!

A big part of our traveling out was the boxes of donations we had to deliver. These were the items my brother collected for his Eagle Scout project. We had 10 total, weighing about 540 lbs. We carried our personal items in our carry
ons.

Upon arrival in
Addis we spent 3 hours at the airport. We had to get our Visas, get through the passport check and then get our luggage. They were not going to let us out of the airport with our boxes. They thought we were coming to start a store and we didn't have duty free papers. So annoying as it is almost midnight at this point. I of course started crying and about 45 minutes later they let us leave with our bags. I was not enjoying the language barrier at this point.

To fit it all in the van we took our stuff out of the boxes. We left the boxes at the airport knowing someone would use them for shelter. LITERALLY. I can not even begin to describe the
country. LATER.

The care center and
orphanges were very excited about the donations. We had fun sorting it all out and getting it ready for delivery. We were so happy to be in ETHIOPIA. We had waited so long.
Sierra and Dave, you are both truly amazing. Thank you for your wonderful, wonderful examples.
ReplyDelete